Introducing the worlds smallest AIS MOB device with integrated DSC – the rescueME MOB1 from Ocean Signal.
The MOB1 is compatible with even the most compact inflatable life-jackets.The MOB1 is intended to be installed within the life-jacket and will activate automatically on inflation, sending the first alert within 15 seconds.
- Waterproof to 10 metres
- Integrated strobe light ensures maximum visibility in low light conditions
- Communicates with the vessel you have been separated from and other vessels in the vicinity (up to 5 miles range dependent on conditions).
In an emergency rescueME MOB1 provides 2 methods of rapidly communicating your position, accurate to a few metres, back to the vessel, plus providing visual indication via its built in strobe light.
The best chance of rapid rescue if you fall overboard comes from your own vessel. Your crew needs to be immediately aware of the incident and keep track of your position whilst recovery is carried out. Even in the most moderate of seas it is alarming how quickly a visual sighting of a man overboard can be lost.
Once activated your MOB1 will transmit an alert to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled plotters in the vicinity. The integrated GPS ensures precise location is sent to your vessel and any others that may be assisting.
An additional feature of the MOB1, is its ability to activate the DSC alarm on your vessels VHF, alerting your crew to the situation.
Compatibility: Most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF comply with the standards required to receive MOB transmissions. It is however, especially if you are using older equipment, recommended that you check compatibility with the equipment manufacturer.
The MOB1 may be configured by the user to enter the vessels DSC MMSI number by downloading the software following the link below.
The vessels DSC number may be programmed multiple times. Follow this link to programme you MOB’s at home. Alternatively, we can program the MOB1 for you at a charge of £10.
- AIS (Automatic Identification System)
- Integrated DSC transmitter (digital selective calling) – subject to regulations of country
- 30% (typ) smaller than competitors
- Automatic activation
- Simple lifejacket integration
- 7 year battery life
- 24+ hours operational life
- Fast accurate positioning
- 5 year warranty – Subject to warranty statement.
(Note: When used in commercial applications the warranty period is restricted to two years.)
To alert rescue authorities, an alternative product the rescueME PLB1 communicates directly via a dedicated search and rescue satellite network.