SOLAS No.1 Poster
This SOLAS No.1 poster in size A3 depicts international search and rescue communication signals based on SOLAS requirements. These life-saving signals are to be used by ships or persons in distress when communicating with life-saving stations, maritime rescue units and aircraft engaged in search and rescue operations.
This poster should be displayed prominently on the ship’s bridge, and is not suitable for use inside a liferaft.
The MCA encourages all organisations concerned with small craft to ensure that their members are made aware of the international life-saving signals, and that copies of the signals are made available to them. Mariners, whether engaged in commercial or leisure activities, must be familiar with these signals to ensure they are correctly used in distress situations.
Features of SOLAS No.1 Poster
- Air-to-Surface visual signals
- Answering signals made by maritime rescue units
- Landing signals for guidance of small boats (day and night)
- Signals used by a vessel in response to an aircraft search and rescue operation
- Signals to be used with shore life-saving apparatus (day and night)
- Helicopter rescue operations at sea – safety checklist
Need something for your Grab Bag? Take a look at our Doti Instruction Card SOLAS No. 2 instead