The SafeSea S100 SART (Search and Rescue Transponder) is a dedicated radar transponder which complies with IMO SOLAS regulations.
- Superior battery life – even at -20°C
- User replaceable battery
- Non Hazardous battery
- Five year replacement interval
- Compact size for easy liferaft packing
- Supplied complete with telescopic pole and storage bracket
- SARTs are required on all IMO SOLAS vessels on international voyages:-
- One on 300-500GRT
- Two if over 500GRT
- One SART per every four liferafts on ro-ro passenger vessels
- Nationally mandated vessels, including fishing vessels, passenger craft, commercial workboats, etc
- Most Super and Mega yachts are required to carry a SART, especially if covered by the MCA code of practice, which is recognised by many countries.
- Voluntary fit vessels will also benefit by carrying a SART
The SeaSafe S100 SART is designed to assist in the rescue and recovery of liferafts and survival craft. When switched on, the SART remains in a standby mode until automatically activated by an X Band Radar sweep from any vessel in the vicinity. The SafeSea S100 transmits a series of pulses which are displayed on the ships Radar as a line of dots, providing a bearing to the survival craft.
The activation controls are identical to those on theSafeSea E100 EPIRB, making use by unskilled operators much easier.
Frequency range: 9.2-9.5GHz
Radiated output power: >26dBm eirp
Chemistry: Lithium/Iron Disulfide (Li/FeS2)
Operational Life: >96hours standby plus, >12hours operational
Battery Replacement Interval: 5years
Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to +55°C
Storage Temperature Range: -30°C to +70°C
Waterproof: >10metres at +20°C
- Body Diameter (max): 65mm (82mm)